As per Membership Policy 039-M-2017, the following members shall receive provincial funding to attend the 2017 Bargaining Conference:
1. Board of Directors and Committee Members
- Members elected to the SUN Board of Directors
- Members elected to a current standing committee(as described under Bylaw 6.01)
- Constitution, Bylaws, and Resolutions Committee
- Finance Committee
- Nominations Committee
- Program Committee
- Negotiations Committee(s)
- Members appointed to the Position Evaluation Committee
- Members appointed to a SFL/CLC Committee
2. SDC Chairpersons (or alternate)
- As per Membership Policy 039-M-2017, funding shall be available for each elected SUN District Council(SDC) Chairperson, or alternate, to attend the Bargaining Conference. Alternates must be approved by the SDC Chairperson.
3. SDC Representative (or alternate)
- As per Membership Policy 039-M-2017, funding shall be available for one (1) SDC representative, or alternate, from each facility/agency to attend the Bargaining Conference. Alternates must be approved by the Local Executive.
Funding for the above categories shall be limited to:
- For a scheduled shift (paid Union leave), SUN Provincial will reimburse your Employer for one shift per day of the event you are attending.
- If attending on a day off, SUN Provincial will pay you directly for up to 8 hours per day of attendance (a TD1 form on file is required).
- Round trip kilometrage shall be paid to members who travel in excess of 50 kms (one-way).
- Travel time will only be provided to the SUN Board of Directors, Committees, and SDC Chairperson (or alternate).
- SDC Representative (or alternates) do not receive travel time.
- Accommodations will be reimbursed based on shared accommodations. Room share partners must be identified.
- If you do not wish to share a standard room with another SUN member, SUN will reimburse you for half of the room cost.
- Reimbursement for meals not included in the event will only be provided to the SUN Board of Directors and Committees as described above.
- SUN Provincial will cover the cost of parking expenses; receipts must be attached to your expense claim to be reimbursed.
Please refer to Membership Policy 039-M-2017 for additional funding details.
Other Funding Options
SUN members not fitting into one of the three (3) previous categories are encouraged to speak to the Local Executive or SDC Council Representative and/or SDC Chair as soon as possible to request funding to attend the Bargaining Conference.
NOTE: Member Expectations
In accordance with Membership Policy 042-M-2009, provincially funded members are expected to attend all portions of the business sections of the Bargaining Conference. If for any reason the member must be absent for a portion of the event, it is the member’s responsibility to notify the President, or designate. Members are expected to provide notification as soon as possible.