Starting on Wednesday, May 23, 2018, SUN Provincial will be launching a new communications tool that will allow us to connect with our Local leadership on an on-going basis as means of providing our locals and our members with the information and support required as we transition into one provincial health authority.
Each month, SUN Provincial will be hosting a Monthly Connect video-conference with Local Presidents (or designate), NAC Chairs (or designate), SDC Chairs (or designate) and Board of Directors, to engage in conversations about what members are hearing and seeing in regard to organizational and operational changes, employer polices, changes to the delivery of care, and the overall practice environment. Our monthly meetings will bring together locals from different sectors and geographical areas to share their insights and experiences within the current environment.
Facilitated through ZOOM Meetings, these Monthly Connects will be hosted by SUN staff and held on a regular date and time each month. The best part – no travel required! These web-based video-conferences can be accessed using any laptop, desktop computer, smart phone or tablet with an internet connection – from anywhere! No webcam, no video, no problem – you can still join us and have access to all of the fantastic features available or use the phone-only option.
Click here to view the Monthly Connects meeting schedule.
Orientation to ZOOM
ZOOM Meetings are a new venture for SUN and how we connect with our members. So, with that in mind we want to make sure our Local leadership has an opportunity to test out the ZOOM program and learn more about the features available during a meeting before we get down to business. If you were unable to join us during the previously scheduled orientations sessions and would like the opportunity to learn more about ZOOM or the Monthly Connects - or just want another chance to play around in ZOOM - prior to May 23, 2018, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
ZOOM Meetings are virtual meetings designed to simulate the benefits of a face-to-face meeting without the added requirement of travel. Participants can access the meeting from anywhere in the world – as long as they have access to the internet.
To maximize the benefits of a ZOOM Meeting, it is recommended participants:
- Connect to the meeting using the video feature by using a laptop, desktop computer, smart phone or tablet with a webcam.
- No webcam? No worries, you can still access the all the meeting features available in the ZOOM program or use the call-in only option.
- Utilize a microphone to join the conversation
- Most laptop, smartphone and tablets devices already have an integrated microphone which will work for our purposes.
- If you are using a computer without a microphone (desktop version opposed to a laptop), you will be required to connect to the audio portion of the meeting using a phone (landline or cell phone). A speaker phone is recommended to keep your hands free.
- Connect using a hard-wired internet connection.
- A Wi-Fi connection will work; however, it can be unpredictable, and the video connection may be unstable (cut out) at times.
- If you are using cellular data to connect on a smartphone (or tablet), please be aware data charges will apply.
- Access the meeting as individuals opposed to as a group
- If accessing as group is required, please try to limit the number of attendees to no more than two (2) people. NOTE: Accessing the meeting as a group may limit your ability to interact in the meeting using the ZOOM program features.
We appreciate that utilizing a web-based meeting may be new to many of our members – it is new for SUN too – and there may be questions.
If you have questions or comments regarding the Monthly Connect meetings, registering for an orientation session, or about downloading the program, please feel free to contact SUN Communications at email@example.com or 306-525-1666 in Regina (1-800-667-7060 toll free).