PLEASE NOTE: All provincially funded seats have been assigned.
Approved Provincial Funding
As per Membership Policy 026-M-2007, approved funding to attend the 2018 Education Conference shall be limited to:
- SUN will provide funding for the actual day of the event (November 8) .
- Salary reimbursement shall be categorized as:
- For scheduled shifts (paid Union Leaves): The Employer pays you directly and SUN reimburses your Employer for one shift per day of the event you are attending.
- If attending on a day off, SUN Provincial pays you directly for 8 hours per day of attendance (a TD1 on file at SUN Provincial is required; forms are available from SUN Provincial).
- Roundtrip kilometrage shall be paid to members who must travel in excess of 50 kms (one-way) at a rate determined annually by the Board of Directors in the budget. Carpooling is encouraged.
- As per Membership Policy 026-M-2007, travel time will not be compensated.
- As per Membership Policy 026-M-2007, travel in “lieu of hotel” arrangements must be confirmed with the First-Vice President in advance and such reimbursement will be limited to the cost of the hotel.
- Funding for accomodations will be provided to members travelling in excess of 50kms one-way to the event.
- Members are responsible to book and pay for their own accommodations. Please submit your hotel receipt with your expense claim form for reimbursement.
- Members attending the Conference will receive funding for a maximum of one (1) night stay (eligible night: November 7).
- Shared Accomodations: Accommodations will be reimbursed based on shared accommodations. Room share partners must be identified on your expense claim form. If you do not wish to share a standard room with another SUN member, SUN will reimburse you for half of the room cost.
- Hotel rooms booked outside of the room block secured for this event, will be reimbursed for half the cost of a room, including taxes, to a maximum of the said room block.
- Funding will not be provided for meals included in the event. Lunch will be provided, for all participants,in attendance.
- If staying in a hotel, any in-room dining charges must be reconciled upon check out.
- SUN Provincial will cover the cost of parking expenses; receipts must be attached to your expense claim to be reimbursed.
- Participants are encouraged to approach their SUN District Council or Local Executive for those expenses not covered by SUN Provincial.
Please contact Janelel Ruhr, Office Assistant, at email@example.com