Prairie School for Union Women - June 10 - 14, 2018, Waskesiu
The Prairie School for Union Women offers trade union women an intensive four days of learning and sharing in a supportive environment. The goals of the school are to develop women’s personal and leadership skills.
Whether you are a woman who is a long time activist or just starting to get involved in your union, this school is open to you.
The Courses offered at Prairie School are:
- Union Women on Turtle Island
- Domestic Violence in the Workplace: Starting theConversation
- Women Speaking Up
- Igniting the Spark: Women as Leaders
- First Steps - Union Basics for Women
- Becoming an Ally for Equality
- Health and Safety Activism & Your Mental and Physical Health
- Building Confidence and Celebrating Who You Are
- A Journey to Empower Union Women
SUN provincial funding (in accordance with Membership Policy 026-M-2007 – External Education) includes:
- Early bird registration fees
- Income continuance (up to 12 hours)
- Maximum 8 hours pay on scheduled day off
- Mileage for travel more than 50 kms (one-way)
- Meals other than those that are provided.
- Option to catch a bus from Saskatoon to/Waskesiu return
NOTE : To receive full provincial funding participants must adhere to Membership Policy 042-M-2009 – Expectations of SUN Members at Internal and External Events. For additional funding and all other expenses incurred, it is recommended members approach their Local Executive or SUN District Council.
New Process : How to apply for provincial funding:
- To apply for provincial funding to attend the Prairie School for Union Women click on the following link. www.elpy.com/2018psuw
- A confirmation email will be sent to you verifying that your application has been received. If you do not receive a confirmation email within immediately check your Junk/Spam Mail folder and/or contact Janelle Ruhr in the Regina SUN Office at: email@example.com or call at:306.525.1666 or 1.800.667.7060.
- All applications will be held and no decision will made as to who will receive provincial funding until after the application deadline.
- Recipients of provincial funding will be determined by random selection.
- SUN will register and pay the registration fee for members who are selected to receive provincial funding.
Deadline to apply for provincial funding:
Noon March 22 2018.
Questions? Please contact Janelle Ruhr at firstname.lastname@example.org Or call 1.800.667.7060 or 306.525.1666.