SFL/CLC Spring School - Labour Education Makes Our Movement Stronger
May 7 - 11, 2018 (Elkridge Resort & Conference Centre - Waskesiu, SK)
Labour education builds solidarity and knowledge. It teaches skills that unions need when representing their members and defending their rights.
The SFL/CLC Spring School is here to help your union train the next generation of local activists or expand the skills of today's leaders and activists.
Unions need to connect with a new generation of working people. They can do this by being better bargainers and better advocates for their members at work, as well as better political activists for everyone who works to support themselves and their families.
The courses offered by the Spring School are:
- Getting Started Becoming a Union Activist
- Labour Law
- Mental Health in the Workplace
- Unionism on Turtle Island
- Human Rights are Workers Rights
- Facing Management Effectively
Descriptions of these courses can be viewed at: www.canadianlabour.ca/labour-education
SUN provincial funding (in accordance with Membership Policy 026-M-2007 – External Education) includes:
- Early bird registration fees
- Income continuance (up to 12 hours)
- Maximum 8 hours pay on scheduled day off
- Mileage for travel more than 50 kms (one-way)
- Meals other than those that are provided.
Note : To recieve full provincial funding participantsmust adhere to Membership Policy 042-M-2009 - Expectations of SUN Members at Internal and External Events. For additional funding and all other expenses incurred, it is recommended members approach their local Executive or SUN District Council.
New Process : How to apply for provincial funding:
- To apply for provincial funding to attend the SFL/CLC Spring School click on the following link. www.eply.com/2018SFLCLC
- A confirmation email will be sent to you verifying that your application has been received. If you do not receive a confirmation email immediately check your Junk/Spam Mail folder and/or contact Janelle Ruhr in the Regina SUN Office at: email@example.com or call at:306.525.1666 or 1.800.667.7060.
- All applications will be held and no decision will made as to who will receive provincial funding until after the application deadline.
- Recipients of provincial funding will be determined by random selection.
- SUN will register and pay the registration fee for members who are selected to receive provincial funding.
Deadline to apply for provincial funding:
Noon - March 22, 2018.
Questions? Please contact Janelle Ruhr at firstname.lastname@example.org Or call 1.800.667.7060 or 306.525.1666.