SFL Pension Conference - Does Your Future Have a Pension? Does Your Pension Have a Future?
May 2-3, 2018, Ramada Plaza Hotel, 1818 Victoria Avenue, Regina
This conference will provide information on pension issues that is relevant to you personally and as a union representative. You will hear about current critical issues facing pension plans. You will learn about the importance of pensions, alternative investment options, the use of worker capital, an update on pension law and legal challenges, as well as the basics of retirement planning. Pension experts from Saskatchewan and across Canada will share their knowledge and expertise to lead us in the right direction with our pension decisions.
Descriptions of the available workshops and details of the conference can be viewed at: http://www.sfl.sk.ca/events/conferences
SUN provincial funding (in accordance with Membership Policy 026-M-2007 – External Education) includes:
- Early bird registration fees
- Income continuance (up to 12 hours)
- Maximum 8 hours pay on scheduled day off
- Mileage for travel more than 50 kms (one-way)
- Shared accommodation
- Meals other than those that are provided
Note: To receive full provincial funding participants must adhere to Membership Policy 042-M-2009 – Expectations of SUN Members at Internal and External Events. For additional funding and all other expenses incurred, it is recommended members approach their Local Executive or SUN District Council.
New Process : How to apply for provincial funding:
- To apply for provincial funding to attend the SFL Pension Conference click on the following link: www.eply.com/2018SFLPension
- A confirmation email will be sent to you verifying that your application has been received. If you do not receive a confirmation email immediately check your Junk/Spam Mail folder and/or contact Janelle Ruhr in the Regina SUN Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call at: 306.525.1666 or 1.800.667.7060.
- All applications will be held and no decision will made as to who will receive provincial funding until after the application deadline.
- Recipients of provincial funding will be determined by random selection.
- SUN will register and pay the registration fee for members who are selected to receive provincial funding.
Deadline to apply for provincial funding:
Noon March 22, 2018.
Questions? Please contact Janelle Ruhr at email@example.com; or call 1.800.667.7060 or 306.525.1666.