Provincial funding will be allocated to 100 members who have applied for funding no later then 1600 hours on September 28, 2017 . As per Membership Policy 26-M-2007, funding will be determined by random selection.
Approved Provincial Funding
As per Membership Policy 026-M-2007, approved funding to attend the 2017 Education Conference shall be limited to:
- SUN will provide funding for the actual day of the event (October 12).
- Salary reimbursement shall be categorized as:
- For scheduled shifts (paid Union Leaves): The Employer pays you directly and SUN reimburses your Employer for one shift per day of the event you are attending.
- If attending on a day off, SUN Provincial pays you directly for 8 hours per day of attendance (a TD1 on file at SUN Provincial is required; forms are available from SUN Provincial).
- Roundtrip kilometrage shall be paid to members who must travel in excess of 50 kms (one-way) at a rate determined annually by the Board of Directors in the budget. Carpooling is encouraged.
- As per Membership Policy 038-M-2007, travel time will not be compensated.
- As per Membership Policy 038-M-2007, travel in “lieu of hotel” arrangements must be confirmed with the First-Vice President in advance and such reimbursement will be limited to the cost of the hotel.
- Members are responsible to book and pay for their own accommodations. Please submit your hotel receipt with your expense claim form for reimbursement.
- Members attending the Conference will receive funding for a maximum of one (1) night stay (eligible night: October 11).
- Accommodations will be reimbursed based on shared accommodations. Room share partners must be identified on your expense claim form. If you do not wish to share a standard room with another SUN member, SUN will reimburse you for half of the room cost.
- Funding will not be provided for meals included in the event. Lunch will be provided, for all participants,in attendance.
- If staying in a hotel, any in-room dining charges must be reconciled upon check out.
- SUN Provincial will cover the cost of parking expenses; receipts must be attached to your expense claim to be reimbursed.
- Participants are encouraged to approach their SUN District Council or Local Executive for those expenses not covered by SUN Provincial.
For inquiries concerning the 2017 Education Conference, please contact Jean Sinclair, Education Officer at email@example.com