As per Membership Policy 026-M-2007, approved funding to attend a Leadership Series workshop shall be limited to:
- Local President or designate only.
- Requests for additional members of the Local Executive to attend may be submitted to Janelle Ruhr, Office Assistant ; however, approval of such requests will be based on space available.
- SUN will provide funding for the actual day of the event you are attending.
- Salary reimbursement shall be categorized as:
- For scheduled shifts (paid Union Leaves): The Employer pays you directly and SUN reimburses your Employer for one shift per day of the event you are attending.
- If attending on a day off, SUN Provincial pays you directly for 8 hours per day of attendance (a TD1 on file at SUN Provincial is required; forms are available from SUN Provincial).
- Roundtrip kilometrage shall be paid to members who must travel in excess of 50 kms (one-way) at a rate determined annually by the Board of Directors in the budget. Carpooling is encouraged.
- As per Membership Policy 026-M-2007, travel time will not be compensated.
- SUN Provincial will cover the cost of parking expenses; receipts must be attached to your expense claim to be reimbursed.
- Participants are encouraged to approach their SUN District Council or Local Executive for those expenses not covered by SUN Provincial.
Please contact Janelel Ruhr, Office Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org