Nursing Advisory Process
When RNs/RN(NP)s/RPNs are not able to meet their professional obligations of providing safe and proper care to their clients due to working conditions determined by their employer, it is imperative they speak out. The Nursing Advisory Committee (NAC) provides a formal mechanism for SUN nurses to:
- Document ongoing or unresolved nursing practice issues,
- Make recommendations for better nursing practice,
- Effect change in nursing, and
- Provide a safe and healthy work environment.
Article 56 in SUN/SAHO Collective Agreement refers to the Nursing Advisory process.
- Nursing Advisory Manual (2010)
- Work Situation Report (WSR) Form
- Work Situation Report (WSR) Form Guidelines
- Power in Your Hands brochure (informational handout)