In response to novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and its evolving impact in Saskatchewan, the SUN Board of Directors have made the difficult decision to cancel or postpone all SUN events beginning March 13, 2020 and ending June 30, 2020.
To ensure those affected by the virus are able to receive the care they need, the Board of Directors feels it is crucial the registered nurses of this province are available to care for the citizens of Saskatchewan in the weeks to come. In addition, we know that large public gatherings are problematic as our population attempts to slow the spread of COVID-19, and as part of our social responsibility to "flatten the curve," we're taking this important, pro-active step to keep SUN members and the public safe and healthy.
As part of this pro-active plan, the upcoming Annual Meeting on April 29-May 1, 2020 in North Battleford has been postponed to a later date, yet to be determined.
Work is currently underway to reschedule this important SUN event; information regarding the dates and location of the 2020 Annual Meeting will be posted when available.
If you have any questions regarding the postponement of the Annual Meeting, under the current circumstances, please contact Erin Thomsen, Organizational Development Officer, email: firstname.lastname[at]sun-nurses.sk.ca or call: 1-306-566-5591.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Please take care and stay healthy.
Already Registered for Annual Meeting?
Communication to members registered to attend the Annual Meeting in North Battleford was sent to each registrant on March 14, 2020.
Members were advised of the following actions:
- REGISTRATION - SUN Provincial will be cancelling your registration for the 2020 Annual Meeting.
- FEES – All registration and banquet fees paid to date will be refunded.
- HOTELS – SUN Provincial will be cancelling all hotel blocks.
- Members are responsible for cancelling their own accommodations.
- SUN Provincial will not be liable for any costs incurred for late or missed cancelations of hotel rooms.
- PROVINCIALLY FUNDED MEMBERS - As per Membership Policy 33-M-2007, members who were approved for a leave of absence (union leave) for the above dates are encouraged to:
- Notify their manager they are now available for work and attempt to get their shift back or advise that they are available for casual work.
- If members are unable to get their shift back, please contact the First Vice-President for next steps.
- LOCALLY FUNDED MEMBERS – Please speck to your Local Executive.
If you have any questions, please email Erin Thomsen, Organizational Development Officer or call 1-306-566-5591.