Since March 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic has proven to be unpredictable and has now presented us with another challenge to navigate. With the rapidly expanding risk due to COVID-19 variants across the province, the evolving public health orders, and impact on the healthcare system, the upcoming virtual Annual Meeting - scheduled for April 13-16, 2021 - has been postponed.
To ensure the sustainability of the healthcare system and to ensure those affected by the virus are able to receive the care they need, the Board of Directors feels it is more important now than ever before for the registered nurses of this province are available to care for the citizens of Saskatchewan in the weeks to come.
If you have any questions regarding the postponement of the Annual Meeting, under the current circumstances, please contact Tracy Zambory, SUN President at email@example.com.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Please take care and stay healthy.
Already Registered for Annual Meeting?
Communication to members registered to attend the virtual Annual Meeting was sent to each registrant on March 29, 2021.
Members were advised of the following actions:
- REGISTRATION - SUN Provincial will be cancelling your registration for the 2021 Annual Meeting.
- PROVINCIALLY FUNDED MEMBERS - As per Membership Policy 33-M-2007, members who were approved for a leave of absence (union leave) for the above dates are encouraged to:
- Notify their manager they are now available for work and attempt to get their shift back or advise that they are available for casual work.
- If members are unable to get their shift back, please contact Denise Dick, First Vice-President for next steps, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- LOCALLY FUNDED MEMBERS – Please speak to your Local Executive.
If you have any questions regarding your registration to Annual Meeting, please email Erin Thomsen, Organizational Development Officer or call 1-306-566-5591.