SUN has collected resources and links SUN members may want to access during the COVID-19 pandemic, including the Government of Saskatchewan's coronavirus update page and their self-assessment tool.
Stay Healthy at Home
Taking care of ourselves and our mental wellness can be put on the back burner during difficult times. In these situations, it can be easier to focus on caring for others and sometimes we forget to check in with our own needs and our own struggles.
SUN members have received a very kind offer from a local yoga studio: three months of unlimited online yoga classes. Please check your email for the business' information and for the coupon code needed to claim this offer.
While using our phones and checking our social media can be harmful for mental health, some apps and websites are using their digital platforms for good. Ten Percent and HeadSpace are two apps/websites that can help you cope with stress, fear and anxiety and both are offering their services are free. Please check them out and carve some time into your day to take care of yourself.
Mindfulness and Resilience During a Time of Social Distancing Talk (Register for April 8th online event)
Let's Get Cookin'
Masterclass (Subscription Service)
Exercise at Home
Online Games and Activities
The Louvre – Paris, France
The Vatican – Vatican City, Rome, Italy
State Hermitage Museum – St. Petersburg, Russia
Thyssen-Bornemisza National Museum – Madrid, Spain
Monterey Bay Aquarium – Monterey, California
Explore more sites on Google Arts & Culture
Neil Young Fireside Sessions – Coming Soon
The Berlin Philharmonic – Voucher for Free Online Content
The Metropolitan Opera – Nightly Opera Stream
Read free e-Books
E-book website Scribd is offering 30 days of free access during this period of self-isolation. Their website includes a wide array of books, magazines and audiobooks for all audiences. Visit this website and settle in for a good read.
Hotels and Accomodations for Healthcare Workers
The following hotels are offering special services and/or discounted rates for healthcare workers in Saskatchewan who need a place to stay due to COVID-19. SUN is not endorsing these business, their rates or their offers. Instead, we are providing the hotels' information for nurses who are interested.
Links to Expert Resources
Government of Saskatchewan Ministry of Health
- COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool
- Provincial COVID-19 Information
- Information for Health Care Providers
- SHA Screening Policy for Health Care Workers (April 15, 2020)
- Public Health Order (update April 17, 2020)
- Public Health Order (update April 30, 2020)
- Public Health Order (update May 3, 2020)
- SHA Modelling & Surge Update April 28, 2020 (Powerpoint)
- SHA Resumption of Services Plan (May 5)
- Re-Open Saskatchewan plan (July 9)
Canadian Federation of Nurses Unions (CFNU)
- Coronavirus Information Sheet
- Coronavirus Media Release (Jan. 28, 2020)
- Coronavirus Media Release (Mar. 24, 2020)
- Position Statement (Mar. 23, 2020)
- Demand Better Protection of Health Care Workers (March 18, 2020)
- Position Statement: Protection of Pregnant Health Care Workers (April 9)
- Position Statement: Need for Transparency Regarding PPE (April 17)
World Health Organization (WHO)