Local Presidents Workshop
View All Events
Click here to view the event site and register
The Local Presidents Workshop will look at the complex and changing practice environment, the crucial roles our leaders play in protecting our collective rights and advocating for SUN members, and the processes in place to assist SUN Locals in understanding and navigating their role representing members.
This half-day virtual workshop is designed for Local Presidents and encourages group discussion as we dive into:
- Local President’s role & responsibilities
- Supporting & advocating for members through union processes
- Empowering members to use their voices and democratic rights
- The Local Presidents Workshop will be delivered via Zoom Webinar, so a computer, tablet, or mobile device with an internet connection is required. In addition, it is recommended that in order to be seen and heard by workshop facilitators, participants use a webcam and wired earphones with an integrated microphone.
We are offering TWO (2) SESSION TIMES to choose from to work within your schedule - click REGISTER below to sign up today. NOTE: Each session offered will present the same content.
- Session A: October 25 at 09:00-12:00
- Session B: October 25 at 13:00-16:00
- Provincially funded seats are limited to 100 seats to be divided between the sessions and will be determined by random draw. Funding for this workshop will be limited to wages.
- Provincial funding will be assigned to eligible Local Presidents or designates only.
- To be eligible for the funding draw, applicants must select the "Requesting Provincial Funding" option and be registered by 12:00 pm on October 11, 2022.
Registration Deadline: October 11, 2022, at 12:00 PM.
LOCALLY FUNDED OR UNFUNDED MEMBERS
Locally funded or unfunded members are welcome; please register by the deadline to receive your workshop materials in advance of your scheduled session.