SUN's Decision Making Structure
Constitution Article 4: Governing Body
- The governing body of the Union shall be a general meeting of the Union and all policies, rules and regulations enacted shall bind all members, chartered locals, SUN District Councils, committees and directors of the Union.
- A general meeting includes annual meeting, bargaining conference or special meeting.
- Allows all nurses to have a voice.
- Place where decisions are made regarding Constitutional and Bylaw amendments, policy and financial matters.
- Opportunity to discuss current issues related to nursing practice, and items for consideration related to negotiations.
Constitution – Article 5 – Board of Directors
- The affairs and activities of the Union shall be managed and administered by an elected Board of Directors between annual meetings.
Governance: Document Hierarchy
- A body of fundamental principles or established precedents according to which a state or other organization is acknowledged to be governed.
- You can review the Constitution here.
- Set of rules made by a company, organization or society to control the actions of its members.
- You can review the Bylaws here.
- A written statement outlining where an individual or organization stands on a topic in a variety of areas like policy, literature, ethics and legislation.
- You can review the Position Statements here.
Board & Membership Policies
- A course or principle of action adopted by a government, organization, business, or individual.
- You can review the Policies here.