Contact: July-December 2022
Sept. 12-13, 2022: Board of Directors Meeting
The SUN Board of Directors approved donations to:
- Searching 4 U Child & Missing Persons Network for $5,000
- Kids Help Phone for $10,000
- Unemployed Workers Help Centre for $5000
- Briar Patch Magazine for $5000
- Canadian Health Coalition for $5000
Oct 20, 2022: Board of Directors Meeting
The Board of Directors approved the draft 2023 Budget.
The Board of Directors approved the Local Bylaws for Local 75.
The Board of Directors approved the Constitution and Bylaws as amended at the September Special Meeting.
The Board of Directors approved the Committee Terms of Reference as amended.
The Board of Directors appointed SUN Members to participate in SFL Committees;
- Indigenous committee – Jennifer Seckinger, Lynne Eikel
- OH&S Committee – Mandi Senger, Melanie Martin
- Solidarity and Pride Committee – Krystle Wallman
- Women’s Committee – Crystal Tholl, Teryn Fisher
- Workers of Colour Committee – Mariam Nganzo, Catherine Marquez-Pelech
- Workers with Disabilities – Linda Suchorab, Rebecca Pott
November 22-23, 2022: Board of Directors Meeting
The Board of Directors determined that for the roll-up of Former SUN District Councils, all funds should be returned to SUN Provincial for donation to the Food Banks of Saskatchewan and all bank accounts be closed by Jan 31, 2023.
All Financial records and electronic equipment be sent to SUN Provincial by Jan 31, 2023.
These processes are to prepare us as we move towards the establishment of the New SUN Network Councils later in 2023.
December 7-8, 2022: Board of Directors Meeting
The Board of Directors approved a donation of $30,000 to the Unemployed Workers Help Centre.
The Board of Directors approved a donation of $250,000 the Food Banks of Saskatchewan ($50,000 from the Annual Community Donation funding).
The Board of Directors appointed the following members to the Annual Meeting Planning Committee for 2023.
- Marie Yap Local 141
- Fiore Teclom Local 75
- Tanzly Brososky Local 75
- Leanna Gustafson Local 75
- Mandi Senger Local 75
- Lynne Eikel Local 258
Board Liaison: Lori Powell
The Board of Directors approved the awarding of the CFNU/SUN Scholarship for 2022 to Lindsay Urbanowski.