In June, the Board of Directors met for two (2) days in Saskatoon, in addition to holding their biannual meeting with SDC Chairs. The following is a summary of the Board's financial and business decisions.
- The Board approved the President's vacation - July 12 to August 12
- The Board approved the 2019 Strategic Direction and Goals (see below).
- The Board approved the following donations:
- OutSaskatoon and UR Pride for Camp fYrefly $1000
- Kids Help Phone $2000
- Unemployed Workers Help Center $1000
- Wounded Warriors Weekend Foundation $2500
- Executive Director, Donna Trainor, presented SUN's Environmental Scan & 2019 Strategic Plan.
Leverage the strength and innovation of registered nurses and SUN to positively shape transformational and system changes for the betterment of safe patient care.
Goal 1: Member activation.
Members are informed
Members are engaged
Members identify issues
Members are organized
Members collectively speak up and speak out
Goal 2: SUN is the voice of health care in the province.
SUN is the recognized advocate upholding safe patient care
SUN is the voice of nursing innovation
Goal 3: SUN is the critical partner in shaping successful transformational change.
SUN is the leader in applied evidence-based research and innovation
SUN is the leader in clinical practice
SUN consistently leads the health care team
SUN will shape its own future
Goal 4: SUN is a collaborative and vital partner with the SRNA and RPNAS.
SUN will create collaborative opportunities with SRNA and RPNAS
Registered nurses are able to advocate and practice excellence in standards of care
Reporting session from SDC Chairpersons on District issues facilitated by President Tracy Zambory and Donna Trainor Executive Director
An educational from SUNs Leadership Education Series for Board of Directors and Sun District Council members were presented by Tracy Zambory President and Donna Trainor Executive Director of SUN
Reminder “The things we tolerate are the things we choose to accept”